Jul 22, 2008
Here are ten sentences for reading and dictation.
These sentences are based on answers to the USCIS 96:51-60 Questions.
Instead of phrasal responses, the answers are given in complete sentences.
51. The executive of a state government is the Governor.
52. The head executive of a city government is the Mayor.
53. Thanksgiving was celebrated for the first time by American colonists.
54. Thomas Jefferson was the main writer of the Declaration of Independence.
55. The Declaration of Independence was adopted July 4, 1776.
56. The basic beliefs of the Declaration of Independence are that all people are created equal
and have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
57. The national anthem of the United States is the Star-Spangled Banner.
58. Francis Scott Key wrote The Star-Spangled Banner.
59. The minimum voting age in the United States is 18 years old.
60. The President signs bills into law.