Jul 13, 2020
Dr. Patricia Hernandez and Jennifer Gagliardi talk very briefly
about video comments and then move on to a practice USCIS N-400
interview and much more.
1. Quick Comments and Request
2. Practice Interview
3. New Citizenship Resources--(Sorry, we skipped it. See below)
4. 2020 Calendar—before and after COVID-19
5. USCIS Webinar Seattle plus Migration Policy Institute Webinar
6. Immigration news headlines
7. ICE Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) announcement and our response
This podcast is almost 50 minutes!
Here is the video with closed caption:
Here is the video with slides only, no audio: (3.5 minutes)
New Citizenship Resources
Voices of Freedom Digital Book and Audio
05/06/2020 COABE webinar: Resources for Online Citizenship
google slides: https://bit.ly/2020-coabe-cit (UPDATED)
07/06/2020 COABE: Hit the Deck Running: 2020 Census, Civics, and
google slides: https://bit.ly/2020-coabe-3cs
News You Can Use
PBS: The American Experience: The Vote
VOANews: New US Citizens Sworn In at Los Angeles Drive
NPR: How The Pandemic Will Affect This Year's Election
NPR: The Long, Perilous Route Thousands Of Indians Have Risked
For A Shot At Life In U.S.
NYTimes: How ICE Helped Spread the Coronavirus | Coronavirus
NPR: Foreign Journalists Working For U.S. Government
Broadcasters (VOANews) May Lose Visas
VOA Learning English: Who Is Affected by the US Visa Ban?
VOA Learning English: New Rules: Foreign Students Must Leave US
if Classes Go Online