Feb 8, 2019
A quick preview of the revised USCIS N-400 Application for Naturalization (March 2019). Some of the vocabulary has been simplified, but the scope of the question has been broadened to reflect changes to US immigration policy and laws.
Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
OMB No. 1615-0052
Accommodations and Exemptions will be folded into Part 2 Personal Info, thereby renumbering the sections of the N-400
Part 8. Time Outside the United States
3. List below all the trips of 24 hours or longer that you have taken outside the United States since you became a lawful permanent resident or during the last ten years, whichever is shorter. Start with your most recent trip and work backwards. If you need extra space, use additional sheets of paper.
Part 11. Additional Information About You (Person Applying for Naturalization)
11. Have you EVER been associated with, worked for, or given any kind of money, help, or any other thing to a group or a member of a group that used weapons or engaged in violence?
15.E. Sexual contact or activity with any person who did not
consent (did not agree), who could not consent (could not
agree), or who was being forced or threatened by you or by someone else?
24. Have you EVER been arrested, cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer (including any foreign law enforcement officer, any immigration official or any official of the U.S. armed forces) for any reason?
25. Have you EVER had your fingerprints taken by a law enforcement officer in any country?
30.A. Have you EVER received a pardon?
40. Have you EVER been removed or deported from any (other) country?
If you answered "Yes," please answer the following:
40.A. When were you removed or deported (mm/dd/yyyy)?
40.B. From what country where you removed or deported?
40.C. Why were you removed or deported?
Please review your own personal info and be ready to respond appropriately to these new and revised questions.