Jun 25, 2008
Here are ten sentences for reading and dictation. These sentences are based on answers to the USCIS 96:01-10 Questions. Instead of phrasal responses, the answers are given in complete sentences.
1. The colors of our flag are red, white, and blue.
2. There is one star for each state.
3. There are 50 stars on our flag.
4. The stars on our flag are white.
5. There are 13 stripes on our flag.
6. The stripes on the flag represent the first 13 states.
7. The stripes on the flag are red and white.
8. There are 50 states in the Union (the United States).
9. We celebrate Independence Day on the 4th of July.
10. Independence Day celebrates independence from England.
Practice reading the sentences aloud, then ask a friend to dictate the senteces to you. For fun, read the answer first, then try to remember the questions. Asking questions is an important skill for Citizenship.
Get the complete set of the sentences here.