Jul 10, 2008
Here are ten sentences for reading and dictation.
These sentences are based on answers to the USCIS 96:11-20 Questions.
Instead of phrasal responses, the answers are given in complete sentences.
11. We fought England during the Revolutionary War.
12. George Washington was the first president of the United States.
13. George W. Bush is the President of the United States today.
14. Dick Cheney is the Vice President of the United States today.
15. The Electoral College elects the President of the United States.
16. The Vice-President becomes President if the President dies.
17. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land.
18. Changes to the Constitution are called Amendments.
19. There are 27 Amendments to the Constitution.
20. The 3 branches of our government are the Executive Branch, the Legislative Branch, and the Judicial Branch.